NOTE: When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate
programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
One of the downsides of unboxing fashion on YouTube is that I don't always get to show what I actually keep. Usually, I don't make any final decisions until after the video goes live. Sometimes I like to try things on again or style the item with other things in my closet. And sometimes I look at my bank account and decide not to splurge! So I use my blog to report back on my final choices. You'll be able to check here for updates on what I kept and what I sent back. Today I've got my October Stitch Fix box to share with you. The video is right below and then my selections are below that. Enjoy!
• PAPERMOON Conway Faux Wrap Blouse, $38 This tank was a good piece. I was afraid of this muted purple but paired with the right sweater or jacket, it pops. I'm wary of tie-front tops, but again, this tank surprised me. Because the tie was off to the side, it worked. For me, because I carry weight low, if a tie is right in the middle (as they often are), they add bulk where I don't want it. This tank did the opposite. But I had a feeling this would be a piece I wouldn't reach for often enough. So...
p.s. - This tank is available to buy via Stitch Fix in several colorways, but, surprisingly, purple is my favorite. If you're new to Stitch Fix, you can get up to $9 cash back on your purchase by using Rakuten. Not a Rakuten member? Sign up here for a $30 bonus!
• STITCHES & STRIPES Keagan Ribbed Duster Cardigan, $78 Another great surprise piece! I wondered if the collar of this sweater would lay funny, but it stayed flat. I loved the golden color of this duster and thought it would make a fantastic outer layer. But after a quick search online, I found tons of similar cardigans priced much better. Since this piece wasn't anything particularly special...
p.s. - Here's the Stitch Fix version of this cardigan. For a more textured version, try this best seller from Koh'ls. Don't forget to use Rakuten for 10% cash back!
• BOBEAU Bessie Popcorn Skull Pullover, $68 My stylist made a valid, but incorrect, assumption that because I have an edgy style, I'm into skulls. I'm not. My love affair with all things rock & roll stops short of skulls, bones, and skeletons. What can I say? I'm not THAT hardcore. LOL! Beyond the knit skull across the front of this boucle knit sweater, I found the sleeve length to be short. I would have preferred this sweater in an XL (I got a large) so that it would be oversized and the sleeves would be longer. The material was super soft and this would be a cute piece for someone more committed to their edginess.
p.s. - I might try this Bobeau Popcorn Ribbed Sweater instead. It has the same material without the "edgy" detail 😂
• LETY & ME Mary Long Sleeve Pullover, $46 Another top that would be cute on someone else. I favorited this piece in my Freestyle Shop on the Stitch Fix app. I'm glad they sent it to me so that I could try it out before purchasing it. I loved the geometric, polka dot print, but it ended up not working out for me. Something about it didn't light me up. There were no sparks. So...
• MAVI Kathleen High Rise Boyfriend Jean, $88 They should call these relaxed skinnies. There was anything very boyfriend about the fit. But that's beside the point. They were comfortable and if this was spring instead of fall, I would have purchased them. But, right now, I'm looking for full-length jeans in a more relaxed fit.
This was a good box from Stitch Fix. I have tempered my expectations when it comes to this style box. I used to count on them for special pieces that I would love for years. Now they are best for basics - particularly if your budget is under $100. I have seen more fashionable pieces on the app, but they are well over the $100 mark. So, when I'm ready to splurge a bit, I'll definitely request a box with a higher pricing point. But for now, there's nothing I need from Stitch Fix, so it's going all back. Do you think I made the right decision?
Let me know what you think! If you want to give Stitch Fix a try, you can use my referral link to save $25 off your first purchase: click here!