NOTE: When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate
programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
One of the downsides of unboxing fashion on YouTube is that I don't always get to show what I actually keep. Usually I don't make any final decisions until after the video goes live. Sometimes I like to try things on again or style the item with other things in my closet. And sometimes I look at my bank account and decide not to splurge! So I'm going to use my blog to report back on my final choices. You'll be able to check here for updates on what I kept and what I sent back. Today I've got my (first) August Stitch Fix box (I have another one en route). The video is right below and then my selections are below that. Enjoy!
• PINK CLOVER Daisee Button Back Detail Top, Navy/White, $34 This was a great basic with fun details. It was super soft and very versatile. I see myself getting a lot of wear out of this. And the price point was very reasonable.
p.s. - If you like this top, there's a plethora of them available on the resales sites like Poshmark and eBay (here's a cute one in gray). Cut and paste the item's name into Google and they'll pop up. And there's tons of colors!
• KUT FROM THE KLOTH Ellen Capri High Rise Denim, Black, $88 I loved these pants. Such a great cut. But it was the price that kept me from purchasing them. After a month of very big purchases, I'm not ready to drop coins on jeans. As it turns out I already have a pair of Kut jeans that are high rise and cropped. I don't wear them often because they have this weird chewed hem. They make me look like a Flintstones character. LOL! But if I turn the hem up, they almost look like the Ellen Capris and I didn't even have to spend the 88 dollars! Yay for shopping my closet!
p.s. - As of this writing, Kut From The Kloth is having their End of Season Sale with styles up to 60% off! If you liked the jeans in the video, you might like these.
• MARKET & SPRUCE Syriah Embroidered Top, White, $64 It was hard to tell in the video, but this top had pin tucking at the shoulders that kept puffing up. It looked liked two little poofs of tissue at my shoulders. Not cute. Also the top wasn't my aesthetic. But I could see it being cute on someone else.
• DANIEL RAINN Abrienne Split Neck Cap Sleeve Top, Polka Dot, $54 Another top that would be cute on someone else. Cap sleeves are such a tough thing for me. Nine times out of ten they are a no-go. This was definitely was one those times.
p.s. - Wanna shop more Daniel Rainn tops? Click here for 20% off.
• KALIEGH Adalia Knit Jumpsuit, Navy, $58 Very, very cute! But not bra friendly. Also it had a weird seam across the bust. Plus I have something similar. So...
My relationship with Stitch Fix has been struggling lately. This box was a bit of an improvement over other boxes I've received this year, but as you can see, I still only kept one item (which my bank account is happy about!). As I mentioned in the video, I've tempered my expectations of Stitch Fix. Right now they're great for basics. I wouldn't suggest them for stylish or trendy pieces to round out your wardrobe. Do you agree?
Let me know what you think! If you want to give Stitch Fix a try, you can use my referral link to save $25 off your first purchase: click here!